CP12 Safety Checks
It is a legal requirement for landlords to have all gas appliances in a rented property safety tested every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
Our Gas Safe Engineers are qualified to carry out gas safe inspections and issue certificates. If the appliance requires repairs or servicing, this work can usually be carried out during the same visit at a reduced cost.
Upon completion of all necessary safety checks you will be issued with a certificate. This certificate will be proof that all appliances are safe to use, a copy will need to be given to your tenant within 28 days of being issued and you will also need to retain a copy for two years from this point.
All safety inspections include:
- Full system soundness test to confirm no gas leaks in property.
- Appliance check for gas soundness.
- Standing and working pressure check.
- Burner pressure/gas rate checked against manufactures date plate/manual.
- Ventilation check.
- Flue flow test to ensure removal of products of combustion.
- Ensuring satisfactory operation of all flame failure devices.
- Check for any installation defects that don’t comply with current regulations.
- Investigation into any evidence of unsafe operation and report to the responsible person.
- Electronic certification emailed with automatic reminders each year.
Failure to produce valid gas safety certificates can result in prosecution, and can also invalidate your property insurance, which in turn means you, may be liable for potentially expensive civil claims.
The landlord is responsible for this aspect of their tenant’s safety, and if non compliance were to lead to a death from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, the landlord could be charged with manslaughter.
If you are a landlord and have gas appliances that require gas safety certificates call DL Gas Services Ltd now for advice and booking information.
- Landlord Safety Checks
- Gas Boiler Service, Repairs and Installations
- Gas Fire Service, Repairs and Installations
- Gas Cooker Service, Repairs and Installations
- Homeowner Gas Safety Checks
- Flue Gas Analyser Checks
- Room Carbon Monoxide Investigations
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors fitted
- Gas pipe work fitted or re-routed
- Tightness test to the full property gas pipe work to ensure you have no gas leaks
- Gas leaks traced and repaired
- We are fully Registered with Gas Safe who have now taken over running Gas Safety from Corgi.
If you’re a Landlord or Letting Agent call us on 0800 069 9958 to talk about our Discount Scheme for multiple properties.